Therefore, a morning meme, lately of micheinnz, although it's been making the rounds.
1. Your name spelled backwards.
Asereht. One of the lesser-known Egyptian deities.
2. Last incoming call on your phone.
I believe that would be the vet tech yesterday, with the answers to the questions I'd asked her earlier.
3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
The Ikea song. Unless you count fetching the latest Usenet posts and e-mail, because I did that this morning.
4. What's your favourite restaurant?
Mu. I miss the Happy Carrot in Austin (I don't think that's its real name, but I can't remember what its real name is). Aladdin's in Pittsburgh is very good, and so is the Thai place down the street from it.
5. Last time you swam in a pool?
Gosh, it's been ages. I think back in Austin.
6. Have you ever been in a school play?
Yep, but only as a young thing. I remember there was singing.
7. 2 or 3?
8. Type of music you dislike most?
Rap. Or anything turned up too loud, especially if it has thumpy bass.
9. Do you have cable?
This apartment comes with basic cable. We hooked it up and tested to see if it worked, but we haven't really watched any.
10. Have you ever ridden on a 4 wheeler?
11. Have you ever made a prank phone call?
No, but as a preteen I did a little prank CBing with a bunch of friends.
This isn't a question, it's two nouns without any obvious connector. Is it a "Which one would you like better"? Is it a "Do you have one"? Is it rather limited in possible answers? Why yes, yes it is.
13. Would you go bungee jumping or skydiving?
Yes, I would. I haven't, but I would.
14. Farthest place you ever travelled?
I am the only member of my immediate family to have flown around the world. Go me! Highlights: Thailand, Singapore, Germany, England, Saudi Arabia.
15. Do you have a garden?
16. What's your favourite comic strip?
I read an awful lot of webcomics and do not have a favorite.
17. Do you read a newspaper every day?
18. What song would you choose for your national anthem?
Something peppier than the Star-Spangled Banner, but I think national anthems really ought to be written for the purpose rather than adopted from elsewhere.
19. Bath or Shower, morning or night?
Shower, before leaving the house for any non-exercise purpose. Since I work at home and exercise when I'm done, that usually means late afternoon / early evening.
20. Best movie(s) you've seen in the past month?
I think the only movie I watched in January was Narnia. It wasn't bad.
21. Favourite pizza toppings?
Green olives, artichoke hearts, assorted other vegetation.
22. Chips or popcorn?
I don't eat these that often, but am happy to do so when they're around.
23. Have you ever smoked peanut shells?
Uh, no. Why would anyone smoke peanut shells?
24. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
25. Orange Juice or Apple Juice?
Apple juice. I will happily eat oranges, but juicing them does something weird to the flavor.
26. Who were the last people you went out to lunch or dinner with?
brooksmoses and suzanne, on Saturday. And then last night we had cake at leback's place, but that was neither lunch nor dinner, and may not count as going out either.
27. Favourite type chocolate bar?
Hershey's with almonds is sort of the canonical chocolate bar in my head, but much better chocolate is available. I don't have strong preferences among the better chocolates.
28. When's the last time you voted at the polls?
That would be the 2004 presidential election.
29. Last time you ate a home-grown tomato?
In Pittsburgh, from tepui's most amazing garden.
30. Have you ever won a trophy?
Yes, lots. My sibling is annoyed because I left the trophy box at his place, having unwrapped a few trophies and found that some belonged to zir. Turns out actually only one of them isn't mine, and my sibling most emphatically does not want to store a box of my trophies. Whoops.
31. Are you a good cook?
I'm okay. I do good cheesecake, pastry crust, and cookies.
32. Do you know how to pump your own gas?
Yes, because I am not from Oregon.
33. Sprite or 7-Up?
There's a difference?
34. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school/work?
We had identical t-shirts at the summer camp I worked at, but they didn't feel much like a uniform.
35. Last thing you ate?
Cranberry-walnut bread, toasted, with cream cheese. And a cup of Darjeeling with half-and-half.
36. Ever thrown up in public?
Why yes. Let me tell you about my trip to Seattle....
37. Would you prefer being a millionaire or finding true love?
I don't think I would be pleased with a love that was just given to me, so I will take the money and handle the love on my own.
38. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I believe in "this one's special" at first meeting, but (1) those are long involved meetings with lots of talking and (2) I have to know someone a lot better than that to love them. I think some other people do love at first sight, but I think their meanings of love are rather different from mine.
39. Can exes be just friends?
Yes, but it depends on the specific people involved.
40. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
My grandfather, whom we had driven to the hospital not two hours after we arrived to visit for the weekend. (He is all better now.)
41. Did you have long hair as a young kid?
I had shoulder-length hair for a bit, but for the most part it was quite short.
42. What messages are in your voice mail?
I don't have voice mail. The answering machine had one old message from andres_s_p_b asking whether he should pick up dinner, but that has now been deleted.
43. Where would you like to go right now?
Right now, I am pleased with my current location.
44. What was the name of your first pet?
Tony. He was a slightly crazy cockatiel, older than I, who'd been abused by his previous owners before my parents took him. (The previous owners didn't want him around their new baby, you see.) We had to give him away when we moved out of the country. I still miss him, and I'm sad that I don't know what became of him.
45. What kind of bag do you have, and what's in it?
I have backpacks. The good one has assorted medications and pencils and things, and the scruffy one has some water bottles, a bike lock, the keys for the lock, and Carmex. I've been using the scruffy one for bike rides lately, but the good one hasn't left the house since we went up to San Francisco on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
46. What was the last thing you drank?
Darjeeling with half-and-half. Didn't I say that already? I thought so. I wonder why those questions are so far apart.
47. What is one thing you are grateful for today?
Darjeeling with half-and-half. Not what you'd call a big thing, but a thing.
48. What do you think about most?
Varies tremendously over time.
49. What is your new year's resolution?
I don't really do resolutions. Holidays are a terrible time for me to try to introduce new habits.