1. Turn on the wrong burner and overheat a pan instead of starting to boil the water in the pot behind it.
2. Set off the fire alarm.
3. Burn my foot.
4. Discover that we did not have regular pasta sauce, only vodka sauce.
5. Leave the carrots out of the pasta sauce entirely, leading to confusion at the small volume of sauce and the need to dirty another pan cooking the carrots separately.
6. Get pasta sauce on my shirt, which I am very fond of.
7. Pour water on the table instead of in my glass.
But at least I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
 Leaping onion.
 Which is still good, but not the flavor combination I was going for.
 Fortunately, the shirt is red, so this is not too big a deal.